Although this was a difficult read, it was a good one. Ivins talks about ornaments and craftsmen. He brings it to light how the craftsmanship and skill is just as important as to music and composers. he compares both amazingly, my favorite part when he says "The sounds produced by the performer at the piano correspond to the articles produced by the craftsman, while the musical score, the creation of which demands truest invention and greatest constructive imagination, passes from hand to hand in printed or written form just as the engraved and drawn designs for craftsmen did in former years prior to the invention of photographic process reproduction." I feel it's true in every sense, cause I'm sure when a composer takes him time with a musical piece and really give it his or her all he wants it played to the very best of it ability that he's imagined it. I feel like he wants future makers and craftsman to know their craf...
Comments
Post a Comment