Prose/Poetry

Walking down this road, will it ever end?
Positivity & happiness doesn't help, 
will this madness ever end? 
How much more can I take?
I'm pushing forward to the end, but it doesn't feel that I'm doing enough. 
I'm trying to make it for everyone, but will they even care if I make at this point? 
This road is bumpy, but I won't let it break me. 
I won't give up on this fight, gotta stay strong
Can't let everyone down, but how much fight do I have in me left? 
I see the end, one more push! I
 know I can make it
I gotta make it, I will make it. 
Nothing can stand in my way, all this doubt isn't me!
Shake off all this negativity & fear
I made it, but there's still so much to go still

Comments

  1. What street? What is the speaker in the poem seeing? Where are we? Is it a real road or a metaphor?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm using the street as a metaphor for like the "road of success" or the "road of failure" it's me basically battling the pressures or fear of letting my family down. & i'm pushing myself to be not give up & be great.

      Delete

Post a Comment